Terms and Conditions
These Terms constitute a Contract between you and Boardwalk Dogs. For further information on insurance cover please refer to the Petplan Sanctuary Policy on the Boardwalk Dogs’ website.What I will do for you whilst your dog is in my careI agree to provide my service in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner.
- If in the unlikely event there is a loss or theft of keys, I will claim on my insurance for the replacement of keys and locks in order to keep your home secure.
- I will claim on insurance in respect to my business’s legal liability to third parties such as related legal costs if a third party is bitten, injured or their property is damaged.
- I will cover emergency vet care fees per animal up to £1,250.
- I will cover for the unlikely event of death of an animal up to £1,250 (your pet’s pre-existing conditions are not covered or its death due to old age).
- I will cover the loss by theft or straying, maximum £1,250 per animal.
- I will cover advertising and reward, maximum £350 per animal.
- I will cover your dog in the unlikely event of damage in transit under my care, maximum £2,000 per animal.
What you agree to do
- You agree to pay the rates that are in effect at the time your pet is in Heather Collier’s care within 28 days of the invoice date.
- You agree to set up a direct debit payment if a regular dog walking or day care service is selected.
- You agree to provide all the information necessary for the satisfactory performance of the service, including any dietary, nutritional, or exercise requirements of your dog and any other instructions for the wellbeing of the animal.
- You agree that you are responsible for supplying safe equipment, medication, food and supplies needed for care of your animals.
- You agree to provide keys or arrange for keys to be available for the appointment. If the key provided does not work, or an incorrect key is supplied, you authorise Heather Collier to obtain keys or access from emergency contacts, landlords or a locksmith. You also agree to cover the cost of the locksmith in this circumstance.
- You authorise any emergency vet care during Heather’s time spent with your pet. Every effort will be made to contact you prior to obtaining emergency care.
- You agree to cover the £50 excess payment on Boardwalk’s Petplan insurance policy and any charges relating to this emergency care if they exceed £1,250.
- You authorise Heather Collier to contact an alternative vet if your vet is unable to be reached.
- If your dog bites a member of public or if there is a traffic accident/there is damage to another’s property etc caused by your dog, you agree to cover the first £250 (excess on Boardwalk’s insurance) refer to Section 8 Public Liability on the Petplan insurance policy.
- You agree to reimburse Heather Collier for any unexpected fees such as unexpected visits, transportation, housing, equipment, food, access or supplies.
- You agree that you will be responsible for any medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to Heather, Martyn Collier and their own Labradors caused by your dog.
- You agree that you will be responsible for any expenses relating to damaged contents of Meadowcroft Cottage caused by your dog, such as chewing furniture or urinating on carpets.
- You agree to ensure that your dog is up to date with all vaccinations (including Kennel Cough), worm and flea treatments prior to using a Boardwalk Dogs service. You agree to present a certificate as proof.
- You agree to state below whether your dog can be walked off lead.
- You agree that if your pet has an infection they will be treated in consultation with your vet and you will be responsible for reimbursing the cost.
- Heather Collier reserves the right to terminate this Contract at any time if your pet poses a danger to the health or safety of itself, other pets and other people.
- If concerns prohibit Heather Collier from caring for your pet, you authorise for your pet to be placed in the care of another, with all charges (including, but not limited to, transportation, housing, tranquilising, treating, accessing, and liability) to be the responsibility of yourself.
Deposit & Booking
- You agree to pay a 40% deposit when booking the Home Boarding Service. This deposit will be refunded if you notify Heather Collier of the cancellation one month prior to your planned holiday date.
- You agree to pay the full fee for Home Boarding 5 days prior to your holiday.
- For the Regular Dog Walking Service, 20% of the fee is a non-refundable deposit.
- You agree to provide at least one month’s notice of the cancellation of the Home Boarding Service to avoid losing your 40% deposit.
- You agree to provide at least 48 hours’ notice of the cancellation of the Regular Dog Walking or Day Care Service and you understand that 20% of my fee is a non-refundable deposit.
- Heather Collier is not responsible for security of your premises or for loss of your belongings if other individuals have access to your home during the term of this Contract.
- During all appointments, Heather Collier will only undertake pet care and will not be responsible for allowing other Trades or people to enter your premises.
- If you have given permission for your dog to be walked off lead you will not hold Heather Collier liable for damage, loss or injury if your dog runs away (over and above what covered in the insurance policy referenced in ‘A(3)’ above).
- You agree Heather Collier is not responsible for damage caused by a pet escaping because of a faulty lead, collar or harness, or equipment that is not properly fitting which has been provided by you.
- You agree Heather Collier shall not be held responsible for any damage to your property caused by your dog during the period they are in her care.
- You understand that there is always a risk of injury to a dog that is placed in a Day Care or Home Board setting, or on a walk, especially when other dogs are present. You agree not to hold Boardwalk Dogs liable for any injury or loss whilst in Heather’s care (over and above what is covered in Boardwalk’s Petplan insurance policy referenced above).
- You agree to notify Heather Collier of any concerns within 24 hours after any of the pet care services are provided.